lørdag 21. januar 2012

The same mistakes

And so it has to change.
The notebook's now in pieces,
words will never sing.
I know you'll say I've simply jumped the gun.
And that they've won.

But you can't keep making the same mistakes.

You see I've had this thought.
It took it's time in coming.
But now won't be denied.
I'd always gone about these things all wrong.
But not this song.

Cause you can't keep making the same mistakes.
No, you can't keep making the same mistakes.

Can't jump ship just yet.
There's no one at the wheel.
Someone has to steer.
Get a hold of yourself.
Keep your head, 
there's no time to waste.

You'll see it soon enough.
But all is not forgotten.
And now's no time for tears.
Cause though that boy has died this one still lives.
And now there's life.
And a chance to make up for all those mistakes.

But please don't get me wrong.
Cause everything was honest.
True and from the heart.
There's still the same old hang ups, so don't fret.
It's not safe yet.
And who knows there's always time to screw up again.

But maybe we'll be cool.
Cause you were made an offer,
you could not refuse.
You made me come alive and see my face.
See my grace.
And we grow - or do we just haul it around?

(The Cooper Temple Clause)






1 kommentar: